通信販売
The Medical Disposal Device is an oxidizer designed to reduce stainless steel hypodermic needles into their original harmless components of chromium oxide, nickel oxide, and ferrous oxide, called swarf.

Swarf

It uses a process is called pyrolitic or pyroelectric oxidization, where an electric arc is created when stainless steel passes through two electrodes. It develops a temperature of about 1500o centigrade, accomplishing the oxidization by vaporizing the metal.

A used hypodermic needle is inserted into the unit aperture and the needle is vaporized into swarf, in parts of seconds. The harmless swarf waste of 2500 to 5000 needles, depending on their size, is contained in a disposable Lexon Hospital Grade 161 plastic cartridge. The swarf waste can be discarded in regular waste or recycled at the option of the facility. The waste is completely harmless and not biohazardous in any degree. The waste cartridge has a self-covering plastic lid when it is withdrawn from the device. This contains the wastes and prevents any accidental dumping.





When the cartridge is removed, a micro switch automatically turns the unit off. Should the device ever remain on for over twenty seconds, two thermal automatic resets built into the printed circuit boards will automatically cause the unit to shut down, cool and reset in two seconds.

There are absolutely no toxic aerosols emitted from the unit. Any vapors created during vaporization are drawn by a small fan, through three filters contained in the waste cartridge and dispersed through an opening in the base. The filters consist of a moisture filter, a particulate filter, and a carbon filter with a DOP efficiency rating of 99.999% against a 0.2 micron aerosol at face velocity of 160 centimeters per minute. The waste cartridge also contains as aluminum heat spreader to avoid any internal plastic melt.

The recyclable oxide waste can be used in the manufacture of paint or plastic tapes and disks. It can also be refined into stainless steel products again.

The power requirement using a standard electrical outlet is 110 volts. The point of oxidization is at 7.5 volts. Needle destruction takes place from between fractions of a second to 4 seconds depending on needle size.

It is the safest, fastest and most efficient method of needle disposal currently available making needle disposal virtually carefree.

When the cartridge is removed, a micro switch automatically turns the unit off. Should the device ever remain on for over twenty seconds, two thermal automatic resets built into the printed circuit boards will automatically cause the unit to shut down, cool and reset in two seconds.

There are absolutely no toxic aerosols emitted from the unit. Any vapors created during vaporization are drawn by a small fan, through three filters contained in the waste cartridge and dispersed through an opening in the base. The filters consist of a moisture filter, a particulate filter, and a carbon filter with a DOP efficiency rating of 99.999% against a 0.2 micron aerosol at face velocity of 160 centimeters per minute. The waste cartridge also contains as aluminum heat spreader to avoid any internal plastic melt.

The recyclable oxide waste can be used in the manufacture of paint or plastic tapes and disks. It can also be refined into stainless steel products again.

The power requirement using a standard electrical outlet is 110 volts. The point of oxidization is at 7.5 volts. Needle destruction takes place from between fractions of a second to 4 seconds depending on needle size.

It is the safest, fastest and most efficient method of needle disposal currently available making needle disposal virtually





Test Results



Carter Technologies of Campbell, California, conducted extensive research, testing the out gas products generated by the unit during use. Based on protocols supervised by McLaren Hart Laboratories and Technical Assessment Systems for the state of California, there was no organic vapor above 1 part per million over a thirty minute collection period.

In house tests were conducted which showed that any sparks created by the oxidation of stainless steel would not ignite any gas or liquid including alcohol, butane lighter fluid, and high test gasoline.ducted which showed that any sparks created by the oxidation of stainless steel would not ignite any gas or liquid including alcohol, butane lighter fluid, and high test gasoline.

Extensive microbiology testing was conducted on waste swarf, by MicroBioTest, Inc., on behalf of Technical Assessment Systems, Inc., who developed the protocols with the parameters defined by the Department of Health and Human Services, Medical Waste Management for the State of California.

Microbiology testing included six bacteria, two fungi and one virus. The tests demonstrated clearly and conclusively that no cultures were living in the oxidized material or in the container.

The Medical Disposal Device is approved by Underwriters Laboratories as patient care equipment, listing number 9B25.